Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Gold Bullet Member
4,603 Posts
Where was he keeping them before the breakup-- Maybe inside of a safe. What sort of numbers are you talking about. 20 40... Maybe best thing would be rent a storage. One RIG will cover 20 30 rifles as one application, good for three months. GL

· Gold Bullet Member
4,603 Posts
how old is WD-40-- I know 25 years ago that's all I used. I know better know, and better products are available than 25 some years ago.

· Gold Bullet Member
4,603 Posts
I have used a golden rod for about 20 years and it has never let me down. Biggest problem to me is that some safes are very thick to drill and come undrilled. Also, you do compromise the fire rating to a degree, not to mention if the room is flooded. No easy answer.
They been using this trick for long time. So I have been told-- by few old timers! Get few pair of clean old white cotton sport socks and place three charcoals inside and place it inside the safe. Nothing works better. They knew the importance of the firearms back then, and if was good/ worked for them should also work better now ...

· Gold Bullet Member
4,603 Posts
. We used a 50-50 mixture of marvel mystery oil, and air tool oil for storage of the engines.
Not for long storage. I go with RIG. BUT-- The Marvel is my choice in shooting completion with 1911s or ARs. I like it, does clean well the carbon and fouling after you done and keeps 1911 slide very slick, may shave .010~seconds off your time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.