Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
105,315 Posts
I am sure that the wife knows that he has firearms. Such being the case, the guy only needs to be concerned with short term storage.

105,315 Posts
That may be the case but I'm betting she doesn't have pics of them and I'm betting she doesn't know what they are. If they are gone they are gone- cie la vie.
True, but she can give an idea and judges hate people, especially men, who play around with assets.

105,315 Posts
Tell your friend that I respect his situation. I was "pulled over" by a state trooper while moving part of my collection. You have to appreciate the state I live in for this story to mean anything (Snow covered my licence plate) He was quite surprised to see 22 bolt action long guns on my front seat covered with an army blanket and after a few VERY TENSE moments.(he has a family,I cant blame him) He let me proceed to my buddies house. Most wives know you collect guns,not many know what you have and what each one is worth.The less she knows,the better off you are. If you get sick,(cancer or such)time to spill the beans so she doesn't sell them all for $40..this is just IMHO.....Larry

And if you die before you spill the beans, some people will be very happy.

105,315 Posts
Another thing about divorces for all you happy C&R holders. If she knows you have a license all she has to do is tell her lawyer and they will subpoena your logbook and you are now dead in the water. The ex tried to do that with me but I had dropped my license several years before and told the Judge I was not required to keep a book because of that and I had only the list of my collection that I presented in court. I got great council from my lawyer and also from a fellow collector who faced the same lawyer my wife had in his divorce case and he forewarned me what the lawyer did to him. So I was lucky and somewhat prepared. Always say I would rather be lucky than good! Bill
Smart move by the attorney to get the log book.

But the best way to protect a collection is not to get divorced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.