Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
13,392 Posts
WD 40 is not good for long term storage of firearms or even as an oil for lubing them up.
Get some gun oil for storage, I use Ballistol, it is proven for over 100 years.

Patrick
Patrick:

I haven't beaten- up on you lately, but this engagement is calling my name. ;)

OP, I am in complete, 100% disagreement with Patrick's opinion concerning WD-40 and as soon as I get a chance I'll come back and try to convince you why I sincerely believe that he is mistaken.

Edited to add: Vic you posted while I was responding to Patrick. Just to be fair, I'll include you in the opposing camp but since you didn't phrase your rejection of WD-40 as definitely as Pat, I'll only state that I'm in 95% disagreement with you. ;)

· Gold Bullet member
13,392 Posts
Ballistol or RIG , if not on hand, get CLP.

Anyone who says WD 40 is the answer here is totally misinformed on it being anything but a very short time stop measure.

WD 40 is the wrong answer here !
I'm adding you to the list! ;)

I will be back with a detailed response as soon as possible. I have my hands full right now.

· Gold Bullet member
13,392 Posts
Oh my! The overwhelming consensus runs against me and Patrick's supporters are legion. I fear to return and I will have to keep my opinion to myself.

:laugh:

I'll be back. :)

· Gold Bullet member
13,392 Posts
Oh come on Richard. I've never seen you back down from something you thought worthy of discussion. Bring it already! ;)
Matt:

Patience is a virtue! ;)

I've been too busy to compose a response worth reading, but hopefully soon.

· Gold Bullet member
13,392 Posts
I don't even own a can of WD-40, I figure if it took them 40 tries to get one right, how do I know that #41 wouldn't be the best?

WD-40:
Great for old guys that still have rotary phones and are still driving around complaining that they closed down all the Monkey Wards...

With all the advances in the area of lubrication and protection, I'm simply amazed anyone would use WD-40 for anything, let alone anything firearm related.
OK Rat, you're on the list too.

;)

I have not forgotten about returning with a detailed explanation, but I have been involved with a couple of projects that have kept me away. Stay tuned for amazement.

· Gold Bullet member
13,392 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.