Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22,059 Posts
Ballistol or RIG , if not on hand, get CLP.

Anyone who says WD 40 is the answer here is totally misinformed on it being anything but a very short time stop measure.

WD 40 is the wrong answer here !

· Registered
22,059 Posts
I found a small can of WD-40 that fit instead of the air freshener and reset the timer. Every 18 hours a "pssst", and a nice cloud of spray settles on everything in there. 40+ guns and twenty years later and zero issues.[/QUOTE ]

If nothing else, you win the award for American Ingenuity if not best actor in a gun comedy of errors. This is the absolute best tale on gun maintenance in my life time. I am truly impressed.

I guess nobody told horseman that WD 40 is highly combustible - especially in the vapor state.

· Registered
22,059 Posts
I am with VIC on RIG but moving on... the divorce. 5 yrs ago my buddy arrived at the house in a panic,
his wife (a lawyer) served him notice and told him to vacate all his stuff out of the house . He arrives at
my house with all his weapons in his van: " I am selling these , take your pick and then I go hit the gun shops,
I need money to survive this divorce". Hell of a note but I really remember his last comment: "Never marry
a lawyer and get divorced in the county she practices law in". Probably good advice... just like RIG.

Time for my 4 mile death run, gonna spray my bum knee with WD 40... I hear it lubricates and does all wonders !! Gotta be true, I read it on Gunboards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.