Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Admin Emeritus
19,075 Posts
WD 40 will buy him a week or three. Then he needs something that wont rub off or evaporate. RIG or something like that. I know where he is coming from.

· Admin Emeritus
19,075 Posts
I am sure that the wife knows that he has firearms. Such being the case, the guy only needs to be concerned with short term storage.

That may be the case but I'm betting she doesn't have pics of them and I'm betting she doesn't know what they are. If they are gone they are gone- cie la vie.

· Admin Emeritus
19,075 Posts
Patrick:

I haven't beaten- up on you lately, but this engagement is calling my name. ;)

OP, I am in complete, 100% disagreement with Patrick's opinion concerning WD-40 and as soon as I get a chance I'll come back and try to convince you why I sincerely believe that he is mistaken.

Edited to add: Vic you posted while I was responding to Patrick. Just to be fair, I'll include you in the opposing camp but since you didn't phrase your rejection of WD-40 as definitely as Pat, I'll only state that I'm in 95% disagreement with you. ;)

To each their own. In my collection I trust RIG for long term storage for over 30 years. I was in these shoes some years past and RIG protected my items as I expected while in non climate controlled exterior storage. If WD 40 works for you that's cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.