Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I started buying Carcano guns and supplies I have had to replace my credit card twice due to bogus charges. Some one out there has a security issue with the payments. I dont know which. I am pretty sure my leak was carcano buying related. That is why I posted here.

I am posting this as a warning to log onto your bank/cc website and keep an eye out for bogus charges. They can be a low as $20, but typically couple hundred. Yes, I found three in a two day span a while back. Do not panic, it might be just me or due to some gas pump or the super market. Do keep an eye on things.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From where did you make the legit purchases ?
I am, not sure I can remember them all. DK, JG & Buds. Buffalo Arms and maybe couple more places for supplies. Now that I think about it, a couple local gun shops.

ArianoKid, Thanks. So far, my bank has got the money back or made it right. I cannot rule out gas stations and super markets. I rarely use cash now. Since Covid19 my bank is drive up only.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I had a problem a while back right after opening a Walmart online account. Bingo someone bought gift cards in Florida the next day. My bank said gas stations and Walmarts were the biggest sources of this problem for them.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
it's always a very good idea to check your CC statement each and every every month, no matter if you buy firearm, parts or use them buy products from a store, online etc.....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Our card was compromised 6 months back. Asked the rep helping us get new cards what his take was on it. He said there is still fallout from the Target hack job several years ago. Our card sends a text when something suspicious shows up.

Still, we double ✓ the monthly statement.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I have a card specifically for internet/on line purchases which is only topped up as required for any transaction. There's b*gger all in there normally, any sniff of compromise, get another.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Damn, I am so happy that I’m not the only one who has felt this on his skin! I mean, my story is really similar to yours. I have bought a 9mm there and since then, I have noticed something weird going on with my credit card. From the early beginning, as you also did, I guess, I was not paying attention thinking that it’s something bank related, but after that, when big money has started to be charged, I have decided that I’m done with banks. Now, the only CC I am using are the ones from here visit site. Buy them every half a year and use them only on certain things with no risk of being frauded. That’s all I’ve wanted to say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts