Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range today to function test my newly aquired Wasr-3 in .223 and my Albanian SKS. The wind was blowing about 25-30 mph from the south so function testing is about all that got done.

I have been reading such negative things about the Wasr that I was almost scared to shoot it. Things about trigger slap, jamming, mis-aligned sights/gas blocks, etc. I loaded up 20 rounds of silver bear soft points and let fly. At 25 yards, it is about 1 inch left of center and 1/2 in high. I did not have a tool with me to move the front sight but I am very happy with the little rifle. I was not trying for group but I put all shots into about 3 inches and not one hickup. Also no trigger slap.

I got a good one.

The Albanian's trigger is terrible. Very heavy and lot's of creap. Other than that, it also shoots very well. Again firing for function and not accuracy, it did about 4 inches at 25.
The hard trigger had a lot to do with that. It is going to take some getting used to or will have to be worked on. Probably the latter.

All in all, I am happy with both guns.

· Registered
15 Posts
Cool on the WASR - some had very bad slaps - I had one and worked to make it better - but it still slapped a little.

And check out your Albanians trigger workings. They were really filled with the old cosmo and perhaps yours still needs a little more cleaning. :)

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
9638, i hope your SAR3 is as accurate as mine, i was impressed. i've noticed no trigger slap either. although today, shooting my glock 22, i got slap for the second time.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool on the WASR - some had very bad slaps - I had one and worked to make it better - but it still slapped a little.

And check out your Albanians trigger workings. They were really filled with the old cosmo and perhaps yours still needs a little more cleaning. :)
Thanks for the info on the cleaning. I thought I had the trigger group clean but took it outside...the wife won't let me use brake cleaner in the house :) ...and really blasted it. I then lubed it good and it is much better. Not a target trigger but tolerable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.