Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stopped at a pawn shop in Arnold, Missouri on the way home today. I was looking for a .22 pistol and happened to see a long rifle marked 6.5x55. I just had to look and it is a 1909 CG M96b. Someone has put the stock in a vice and lightly made the crosshatch design in the wood from the jaws of the vice. Other than that, I looks very good.

The specific's :).

The handguard does not match but is only 82 numbers higher than the rifle serial number and it matches in color and grain very well. My guess is that it is an armory replacement.

Everything else...all bolt pieces including the firing pin, stock, bands, floorplate, trigger housing, buttplate, rear sight, AND even the cleaning rod matches.

I have it apart right now, cleaning all the old cosmoline off of the stock and inside all the metal parts.

It looks like it has been in someones safe since it came from the importer. The bore is shiney and the lands are sharp.

When I get it cleaned up and back together, I will post pic's.

It has been a long time since I found a Swede that cheap old me would buy.

$300.00 out the door.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, pics please. $300 is not bad. I have not had my bolt apart to check every serial number but everything visible down to the hand guard matches.
Central Missouri here. Don't see any Swedes on the rack around these parts. Bought one on the trader here.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,591 Posts
I have seen a number of SAMCO imports with the vise jaw teeth marks in the buttstock . It seems they clamped it in a vise when they made the import marking . Looks like they could have wrapped a rag around the buttstock . Pretty common to find replacement hand guards on Swedish mausers after 100+ years . Heavy handed soldiers could easily crack or break a hand guard when disassembling their rifle . With everything else matching , a mismatched hand guard is no problem . Now , get it out to the range & see how it shoots !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.