Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped into a local store today looking for some jacketed 44 Magnum projectiles. While I was there, I asked what they had that was weird and old. They brought me out two handguns to look at, a Mauser 1914 and a CZ 27.

After looking them both over, the CZ caught my eye more. It looks to be still in the original finish, with the correct purpleing of the slide. The proof mark on the right hand side of the trigger guard dates it to 1942. It appears to be all numbers matching. It appears to be a relatively rare commercial variant, that would have been offered to sale to the very few people in occupied Europe who were allowed to own a pistol, rather than being a military issued example.

After doing some quick searching online to see what they tend to go for, I jumped on it. I think $330 was a pretty damn good purchase. It should look really nice next to my German occupation produced FN 22, also in 32 ACP. The FN is also a rare commercial variant. Apparently I'm collecting commercially sold occupation pistols and didn't even realize it.

I'd love to know more about it, if anyone else has any info they can add.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can’t quite see the pictures well enough to identify the serial number but I would have purchased it for that price

Here’s a link with some good data for you. Congratulations on CZ-27, one of my favorites Pistols of the German Wehrmacht

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
It looks like a nice gun. Please post some additional pics to the using the up-loader and not a hosting site.
John

·
Registered
466 Posts
Looks like a great piece! The pure commercial models are rather uncommon. I absolutely adore the purple slide! I think you did great at $330 for it.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
70,139 Posts
Nice looking CZ 27

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
interesting gun. are there any marks on the other side? if it is commerical it should have commercial marks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts