Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you prefer? Warsaw length or NATO length stocks. Archivist Dick had asked me about this. I am just getting around to getting my info together. I Have a G code Romy that snaps right up and I dont have to search around for a cheek weld or the sight alinement. My new Bulgy 74 with nato stocks was a chore to get comfortable. The stock size of the Nato AK74 butt was about the same as an AR15 A2 stock. The Warsaw pact size was about an inch shorter.

I Picked up a blond stock set from a member today. Took it home and cleaned it up. I got it on with a little fitting. Wow she looks good in Blonde. The fit feels great to me. I could use NATO Lenght but prefer the Warsow size. My 922r parts count is still good.

Attachments

·
Copper Bullet member
443 Posts
i like the look and feel of the warsaw also. i am short but thick chested (even if i wasn't fat haha). i will probably get one of the ak grenade pads to give the extra length needed for the optic that i have.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,505 Posts
5'11" with short arms so I prefer the Warsaw Pact stock.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Feh, ultimately you need them all. I just got done installing a new EG sidefolder I picked up for $50 on my Centerfire Bulgarian AK-74 last night. Couldn't stand the looks of the boat oar stock. And I like the folders (and the EG right folder won't interfere with mounted optics, when I get around to acquiring those). I'd like to install the K-Var plum handguard set (and then the plum pistol grip), but how to get that heavy black plastic upper handguard off the gas tube baffles me at the moment.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,911 Posts
Practicality states a larger size for me as the butt eats my cheek after long strings and extended amounts of rounds fired. I also think sight picture is improved as well with a longer reach. I don't like how it looks, but have a slip on pad when I try to accurately shoot an AK variant. There are better rifles to shoot accurately with in my collection, so the AK types are left stubby. I am going to mess around with the bandsaw to make an "enlarged" stock that uses a Yugo SKS pad and SKS stock swivel and parts. Any Ideas on wood? I was thinking about Pine 2x6 because the commie wood is about the same grain and hardness.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Should you be wearing BA I'd wager you'd prefer the Warsaw (standard) length butt.

Me? Not owning any BA - wouldn't wear it if I did - I'll just go traditional old school.

Yeah, the CAI Bulgy -74 enlongated stock is not going to sit well when it gets here.

I'm going down the road Stinkyrat blazed and Florida Mike behind him. Wood is good.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Should you be wearing BA I'd wager you'd prefer the Warsaw (standard) length butt.

Me? Not owning any BA - wouldn't wear it if I did - I'll just go traditional old school.

Yeah, the CAI Bulgy -74 enlongated stock is not going to sit well when it gets here.

I'm going down the road Stinkyrat blazed and Florida Mike behind him. Wood is good.
Sorry you lost me on the BA quote. Happy that you are jumping on the band wagon.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Feh, ultimately you need them all. I just got done installing a new EG sidefolder I picked up for $50 on my Centerfire Bulgarian AK-74 last night. Couldn't stand the looks of the boat oar stock. And I like the folders (and the EG right folder won't interfere with mounted optics, when I get around to acquiring those). I'd like to install the K-Var plum handguard set (and then the plum pistol grip), but how to get that heavy black plastic upper handguard off the gas tube baffles me at the moment.
Hmm, different strokes.. I LIKE the boat oar stocks. So much better if you ever have a jam (or OK, in an AK run out of ammo) and need to butt stroke somebody. I can't imagine most folding stocks would be any good for skull cracking. As for NATO size VS Warsaw I don't know yet but I aim to find out because my AMD-65 kit will wear a solid stock

1 - 20 of 33 Posts