Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an old Wards Hercules Model 50 SxS and the stock is cracking pretty bad. I'd like to get a new stock so I could continue shooting this. I have heard that there should be other stocks from different brands that should fit, but I haven't had anything confirmed. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Phil

·
Silver Bullet member
36,340 Posts
The answer is simple: Nobody knows for sure. It's either a Stevens 5100, Stevens 5000, Savage 315, Marlin or Iver Johnson of some sort. The problem with the Hercules name is that its been used by a number of manufacturers and hardware store vendors.

If I had to I'd say Stevens 5100 but I wouldn't bet any money on it because Stevens may have changed from a Model 5000 to a Model 5100 during production and not changed the Wards model designation.

You can have someone make a copy of the stock on a duplicator, then do a final inletting and finish it yourself.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The only way it would be an Iver Johnson would be if the name on the shotgun reads " Hercules Grade " IAW Iver Johnson's Arms and Cycle Works Firearms - 1871-1993, Author W.E. Goforth.:thumbsup:

·
Silver Bullet member
52,962 Posts
Iver Johnson it is not....stevens/savage it is most likely.....dk

owned many handle more,never IJ in any as i have read too ....or i would have bought it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts