Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
みなさん、こんにちは,

I am restoring a 50mm mortar round from the (Hoten) Mukden Arsenal. I still have to find the correct filling mark and I wonder if anyone can help me out.

I know that the fillers mark was usually the symbol of the initial syllable of the arsenals name usually placed in a round white circle next to the filling date. Bearing that in mind would it be possible that the fillers mark was ?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

ありがとう非常に,
万歳,
BOUGAINVILLE

·
Gold Bullet member
6,134 Posts
I don't have one to confirm the markings, but seeing that the Nagoya rounds were marked with an encircled ナ (na), it may be an encircled ホ (ho) for the Mukden made round. I wonder if Doss or Mark Strange has an example.

·
Silver Bullet Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Edokko.

You have as always been very helpfull. I had the ホ (ho) on my short list as one of the possabilities. I think I will go with that.

Once again many thanks,

BOUGAINVILLE

I don't have one to confirm the markings, but seeing that the Nagoya rounds were marked with an encircled ナ (na), it may be an encircled ホ (ho) for the Mukden made round. I wonder if Doss or Mark Strange has an example.

·
Silver Bullet Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Refurbished 50 mm H.E. Mortar Round

Hi, Have finished my restoration and repaint of my Mukden 50mm Type 89 HE Mortar Round. I was lucky enough to have had just enough faint patches of the original paint remaining to have reproduced it exactly as it was. I had to though ask for advice with the Mukden (Hoten) fillers mark to ensure that I got it just right. Many thanks to Edokko.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts