Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a non import Walther PP , Made in West Germany marked on the slide left slide front, There is a mark on the right side of the frame by the trigger guard a R.P in a circle. I know my wartime stamps, but the mark is post war. What is the meaning of the stamp?

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Probably a police stamp, state of Rheinland-Pfalz, Rhineland-Palatinate in English.

-gonzo. ISO ac42 mag #4848b, PPK mag #285129K-2, P38 IV box

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably a police stamp, state of Rheinland-Pfalz, Rhineland-Palatinate in English.

-gonzo. ISO ac42 mag #4848b, PPK mag #285129K-2, P38 IV box
Thanks for the info. I also did more research and that is exactly the stamp meaning. The PP is matched sr#s slide and frame made in 1974, 74 with antler stamp on the barrel in view in the case ejection port. original blued finish and orig grips, mag has the finger extension also original. It is a nice PP.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
The pistol was probably made by Manurhin in France and finished by Walther in Germany, it is fun to research things like this. At some point Walther stopped importing their pistols from France and began production in Germany, the license to build in France expired but for some time the pistols were continued to be made by Manurhin much to Walther‘s chagrin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.