Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently came across a small lot of surplus powder label w-846.. I do recall purchasing it as well as some that I used for reloading back about 15 (maybe more) years ago. Problem is, I can't find my old reloading data for it, and can't find any reference to it is some of the current reloading manuals. Anyone familiar with it? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Very common surplus powder . What are you trying to load it for ? A quick google search should provide a good starting point. I used up probably 80 lbs of it and would love more - price though seems to have gotten to the point where I can get W748, BLC-2 etc for about the same money, so using surplus powder of unknown ancestry does not make as much sense. If you want to sell yours, PM me :)

·
Gold Bullet member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MG08/15,

After reading your post my aged brain kicked into gear. I did do a quick google search to confirm and figured out why I could not find my old loading data. I used data from BLC-2 back when.
I am just getting back into reloading after more than a decade lapse, but to answer your question about loads, I am reloading 7.5x54 French and 7x57 Mauser. I have more spare time now
for both reloading and shooting.
Thanks for the brain jog.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I am in the same boat - I always enjoyed reloading and now have the time to load and shoot more. I dont have any data for those calibers, but in bolt guns it is fairly easy to work up loads. I am loading primarily for MGs, so a little more critical for function....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Starting loads for BLC-2 might be a good place to begin. I went through a few 8lb jugs marked as WC-846 Pulldown in my 5.56 and 308's and carefully worked up some good loads. Still have some of the later virgin in the black jugs that burned a bit slower so I was able to increase my charges by 1gr. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.