Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a notion that the VZ 58 would have been made in 7.62x45 if there big brother to the east did not insist on the 7.62x39 round for this rifle.

Here is the question:

Could you rechamber the VZ 58 to take 7.62x45 ammo. I reload my own for the VZ 52 I have thought about getting a VZ 58 parts kit and looking into converting one to the rifle it should have been. Sort of the reverse of common logic:)
I know the chamber tool would be expensive but I bet I could have that made special order.

Possible issue's

* I do not know about the magazine length though, maybe too short. * I believe the 7.62 x 45 round is 6mm longer than the 7.62x39.

* Action throw may not be long enough.

Any constructive comments would be welcomed.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I had a notion that the VZ 58 would have been made in 7.62x45 if there big brother to the east did not insist on the 7.62x39 round for this rifle.

Here is the question:

Could you rechamber the VZ 58 to take 7.62x45 ammo. I reload my own for the VZ 52 I have thought about getting a VZ 58 parts kit and looking into converting one to the rifle it should have been. Sort of the reverse of common logic:)
I know the chamber tool would be expensive but I bet I could have that made special order.

Possible issue's

* I do not know about the magazine length though, maybe too short. * I believe the 7.62 x 45 round is 6mm longer than the 7.62x39.

* Action throw may not be long enough.

Any constructive comments would be welcomed.
I have heard that some Vz. 58s were indeed manufactured in the 7.62x45mm calibre, but probably just a few.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts