Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the magazine latch and spring on my VZ 52 trigger group. Where does the long side of the latch spring rest? Under the hammer or I noticed a groove on the left side of the hammer where it looks like the spring might go? When I took it apart, I was trying to be careful to notice how things went but it all came out before I could see. That's usually how it works , right? I have been looking for schematics but I can't find anything that detailed.

Thanks for any help.

· Registered
187 Posts
Magazine latch spring

On the magazine latch there is a recess machined in it to one side.The torsion spring fits in the recess. One leg presses on the latch the other leg on the group housing. The latch hinge pin goes the spring .The spring is very stout and takes some time to get it back in place. I use a small pin punch to hold things in place while getting the hinge pin in.

I took twice as much time to get this spring back in place than the rest of the trigger group.

The Hammer spring is no fun either but not as bad as the Mahazine latch spring.

Hope this helps

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jamsy

I put the longer leg under the hammer on the housing but then I noticed a groove cut into the hammer. Then the second guessing began. I managed to get it back together the same way you mentioned but I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have problems. I agree...what a PITA!

· Silver Bullet member
1,029 Posts
I'ts a Clone...

The VZ 52 Fire Control Group is essentially a knock-off of the M-1 Garand and M-14 FCG, just scaled down a little bit. Since the M-14 uses a detachable magazine like the VZ-52, I wouldn't be surprised if the latch system was very similar as well.

It's been so long since I've had mine apart, I don't remember how it goes - sorry 'bout that.
It seems that someone in here had a web page that demonstrated how to take the VZ-52/57 FCG apart and put it back together - no idea who it was or if it's still up though.

· Registered
187 Posts
I took mine apart when I first got mine and there was a large buildup of gunk in that end of the TG. Had I known what a pain getting it back together would have been I may have just taken it that far apart and then soaked it in brake cleaner or something similar...

· Registered
317 Posts
Tonight-now-I took one of mine apart.....including the magazine latch to replace a missing mag latch spring and am still trying to get it back together. Another thing, how do you get the safety out? I took mine off the stud in the side of the housing but couldn't get it completely out/off the housing. Now, I cannot get it to go back. Any suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.