Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a really nice VZ27 today. The weird thing is- there are no slide markings other than the matching serial # on top. No wording, proof marks or anything. Only thing on the frame is again the serial # and some incomprehensible marks with A127 under it. The frame is phosphate and the bluing on the slide is definitely original. It's totally perfect and plum in color. Serial # 437623. I can tell the slide is milled not only because there is no wording, but also because half the finger grooves are gone. Was this something that may have been re-arsenaled and Nazi marks were removed? The barrel still has a Nazi mark on it. Very confused by this pistol! Note that even the extractor spring is visible due to the milling.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do know that part. What I can't figure out is why all the markings were milled off in what appears to be a factory refurbish job. The bluing is definitely European as is the phosphate coating. Looking around online, it would've been one of the "fnh" marked pistols from WWII. Could this pistol have been brought back to the factory after the defeat of the Germans and re-arsenaled by CZ for resale?

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Someone faked there a WaA127 stamp,that was never used on these pistols.anyway the slide have removed minimum 2mm of each side look at the end part near hammer, so when there were any markings it were removed.b.r.Andy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would they remove the markings? I thought that was really weird. From looking around online, the other 27's that are right around my serial # also have the WaA stamp and also have phosphorus frame. Check it out- http://www.p38guns.com/CZ27.htm
I just don't understand why it appears the factory removed all the markings. There's definitely some weird mystery with this gun.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Dont believe this is a factory refurbish, more real a owner rework, on slide was removed the side material so fnh and rough milled finish was removed, on frame when there was origin WaA76 it was removed and added a wrong very bad faked WaA127, the finish is most real a cold blue.even the grip screws are not origin. its a shooter low collectable value.b.r.Andy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That seems to somewhat go with other information I've been given about the pistol. It's speculated that it was returned to the CZ factory immediately following the withdrawal of Nazi troops from Czechoslovakia and quickly scrubbed of its marks and sent back out as a sidearm for the Czech troops or for private defense. I've actually found other examples of CZ27's with marks removed or modified in various manners. Some claim that due to the hasty withdrawal of Nazi troops, the Czechs were left scrambling for firearms and quality control or consistency of repairs was not a thing for a few months. They just needed to get firearms back out in the hands of Czech troops and citizens as fast as possible with whatever parts were available.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I will second Andy's assessment. The gun has been messed with. by who and for what purpose its unknown but then the fake waffenamt should not have been applied if the true purpose was as you thought being sent back for refurbishment. so my feeling it was meant to deceive. for 200 dollars however you got a good shooter. enjoy it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know if I would call the markings a fake waffenamt mark. If you look closely, they defaced an actual waffenamt mark. My guess is it was struck out and defaced at the factory? I absolutely agree though that this gun was certainly refurbished somewhere. I'd shoot it, but with that much metal taken off the slide, I would be afraid of cracking or other cycling issues related to the large reduction in weight.

·
Copper Bullet member
2,031 Posts
No factory would do something like that!Those pistols were waffenampt above the grip, not where that is.The slide would be thin with that much metal removed, not a shooter IMO.If mag is nice and original and grip is in nice cond.,they are worth almost what you paid,so you didnt get hurt too bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.