Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw two for sale today at the gunshow here in Fredericksburg,Va.These are like the one in Ball's book that were made for Brazilian rebels.They were complete and in correct configuration minus the cleaning rods.They were in good condition.The receivers and bolts looked like they were originally in the white and show staining.I don't know what they looked like under the hand guards but the rest weren't bad.I can give the dealers contact info if anybody is interested.He was asking $195 each.I'm tapped out so I thought I would pass along the info.

· Registered
950 Posts
I have been reading up on those Sao Paulo "Constitutional Revolution" rifles.
If what I have read so far is true, that block of 15,000 rifles was originally intended for the Southern Chinese Army. When it became obvios that the Chinese could not pay, they were barreled for 7 x57mm or finished with 7 x57mm barrels and sold to the Rebels in Sao Paulo Brazil.

Unfortunately for the rebels, the armed part of their insuurection only lasted for a few months. So by the end of 1930 they were all in hot water. And the rifles ended up being snatched up by the Brazilian Govt'.

I have one that looks OK but shoots horrible.

· Registered
950 Posts
My original number is 4170. No shield. Then there is another number added by the Brazilians on the right side of the reciever that has a couple little stars and a dot stamped above it. And THENNNNN, the importers put a third serial number on the darn thing with some sort of electro pen. Over the original factory number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.