Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend, I literally "picked up" a VZ24. I went to an old Hardware Store/Gunshop and asked if they might have any surplus rifles "that were just getting in their way". They directed me to a corner of the store and under a shelf, lying on the oiled oak floor was this VZ24 with about a two inch swatch of white paint painted around the pistol grip area. They said it had been there for over twenty years. They let it go out the door for what they had in it. $120.00. I brought it home, removed the white paint, cleaned the wood, spent two days getting all (I think) of the cosmo out of it and put a few light coats of BLO on it.

The metal and small metal attachments have about 85% of the bluing left on it. There is one small pit on the receiver where the CZ acceptance stamp would have been. Bore is excellent.

I believe (trusting a rapidly fading memory) that somewhere on the boards I read that the SR prefix designated a Romanian contract. I also seem to remember that a BR prefix meant the same. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
any vz.24 with a two letter serial number prefix with the second letter being an "R" is a Romanian contract, i.e. AR, BR, CR,...

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been there for over 20 years? Hmmm, does it have a crest?
No, it appears to have never been stamped with either the Brno lettering or the Lion Crest. Or, perhaps it was scrubbed that clean. It also appears to have never had the CZ acceptance Lion.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,975 Posts
No, it appears to have never been stamped with either the Brno lettering or the Lion Crest. Or, perhaps it was scrubbed that clean. It also appears to have never had the CZ acceptance Lion.
it originally had a romanian crest on there, and was scrubbed by the romanians later.

is yours import marked? check the muzzle area too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.