Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I realize I am a bit late to the party but this is my latest impulse buy. I overpaid for it so do not ask what I paid. Lol

I have no idea if you can tell me what year it was made. It looks to me like it was shot very little if at all. It came with the bayo and extra mag. I lubed it up last night and I may shoot it this weekend if the weather cooperates.

I have no idea why there is the little Velcro tab on it.

Thanks for looking, John

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Rectangle Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Wood
Automotive lighting Food Motor vehicle Hood Ingredient

·
Registered
768 Posts
They are really solid guns, not stamped steel. I really like the quality of the mags and very easy to latch into gun. I thought they were on the loud side, but functioned great. So cheap at one time I ended up with 3 and all the goodies that came with them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
One note- the folder on mine was SUPER tight, and it never got any looser even after folding it a couple hundred times. Also it's easy to change to the fixed beaver barf stock (just one big screw), which provides a much nicer cheek weld.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine has the bakelite stock but folds. Like mentioned above the hinge is very stiff on them. I shoot mine at the range and never had an issue. The little Velcro tab is to protect the receiver from marks when you fold the stock up. Some one added it I think. Not sure what you paid but I paid like $400 for mine like 20 years ago. I see them going for up to $1200 to $1400 lately

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,369 Posts
I got a pair of them for $400 each from PSA in 2014 (later traded one). They each came with 5 magazines and accessories. I don’t recall them being offered for very long so I expect they were all made ca. 2014.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like I said, I overpaid. Such is life. I went there to trade for an FN49. The barrel on it was toast. Then I saw this VZ. I got wrapped up in the moment and bought it. I know better. If it shoots ok I will get over it.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Always thought they were interested rifles. I remember seeing them for dirt cheap in 2014/15. Yeah didn’t buy one. Kicking myself since. Can’t own them all!
Don’t get me started with Romanian PSLs for $399 from AIM surplus. Missed that boat! And look at them sell for $2,500 on Gunbroker now!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great rifles, I remember getting mine for 300 10 years ago and selling it because it didn't take standard AK mags 😅

On the folders, if you ever need to take off the back screw, some are on stupid tight and some hardly at all. If you ever wanted to convert to a fixed stock version. If not, wrap some 550 cord around the wire stock to enjoy shooting it more.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Great rifles, I remember getting mine for 300 10 years ago and selling it because it didn't take standard AK mags 😅

On the folders, if you ever need to take off the back screw, some are on stupid tight and some hardly at all. If you ever wanted to convert to a fixed stock version. If not, wrap some 550 cord around the wire stock to enjoy shooting it more.
I prefer the bakelite fake wood stock. Mine still folds and I bought three 30 round mags with the leather carry pouch to hold them. Bayonets were less than $20 back then for them.

·
Copper Bullet member
471 Posts
I have several also... i even SBR converted one vz2008. I bought a tabbed carrier from apex to help with the trigger gremlin....great rifle.

I did a zhukov handguard conversion to help with the heat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts