Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CZ-USA is going to import a semi-auto version of their Vz-58 rifle. The retail price is goingto be in the area of $970. CZ-USA said it would be a couple of months before they arrive here. This should put alot of pressure on OOW to lower their prices.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
There are versions available already imported by Century Arms, but it's good news nonetheless.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I really like the pistol-grip model. Still a lot of money though.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've already got one... a double stack, pistol grip version VZ-58. It's not an ORF or a Century though ;) Oh... and I paid less then 800 for it.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,503 Posts
I've already got one... a double stack, pistol grip version VZ-58. It's not an ORF or a Century though ;) Oh... and I paid less then 800 for it.
I think you got to spill the beans on this one, don't think you can just drop that tidbit and think we aren't going to ask questions :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think you got to spill the beans on this one, don't think you can just drop that tidbit and think we aren't going to ask questions :)
Ok, Ok, Mike... dont sic the cows on me.

Parts kit + RGuns receiver + Mexican gunsmithery.
I'll let you figure out the rest.

It looks very nice though. The gunsmith managed to get a greyish paint job that perfectly matches the original. I had some initial problems with a bent US gas piston but the new one is fine.

·
Banned
7,240 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
cz mags

Does any one know if the newly imported rifle from
cz will use the original mags.If so I might look at them
a little closer.

thank's,frogger2662

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Pictures and website says they use the military 30 rnd mag. I've been waiting for these to show up at a lower price, I plan on getting one. Don't know if anyone remembers when these first showed up in Canada - everybody said we would never get them.

Now I want one of the German mag MP44!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
All I know for now is that the hi-cap mags will not fit the kit built 58's that use 10 round mags, and vice-versa.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For $230 The Firing Line will milled out the Slovakian receiver and make it take the original Vz-58 mags and well as install all of their semi-auto parts.

CFS has Vz-58 4-mag packs for $39.95. It might not be a bad idea to buy a couple if one is going to get the military Vz-58 that will be here soon.

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
So for 230.00 plus the cost of a single stack receiver your at what 600.00+? Just buy a OOW and it will be perfect. Then your into what? 750.00 to 850.00 for one. If these are going to sell well they need to be much les than 970.00 in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Is'nt $970 the suggested retail price? Wait untill any rush is over, and you will probably be able to get one for $800-$870.

When the FN bullpubs came out they were seling for $2100-$2200. Saw at last gunshow for $1599-$1799 (depending on version).

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So for 230.00 plus the cost of a single stack receiver your at what 600.00+?

I didn't realize when I bought the Slovak receiver, that it was going to that complicated to mill out the mag area. So I am basically stuck with it now- Live and Learn....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
"CFS has Vz-58 4-mag packs for $39.95. It might not be a bad idea to buy a couple if one is going to get the military Vz-58 that will be here soon."

That's true but having bought five 4-mag packs from CFS the chances of at least one mag in the pack being bad is about 50% (cracked feed lips).

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
VZ58 on display at Austin Gun Show this weekend.

I have not been able to arrange a sponsor ad here on the boards (yet), but if anyone wants to see a VZ58 in person, I'll have one on display on my table at the Saxet Gun Show in Austin, Sat and Sun (this weekend) and at the San Antonio Saxet Gun Show next weekend.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have not been able to arrange a sponsor ad here on the boards (yet), but if anyone wants to see a VZ58 in person, I'll have one on display on my table at the Saxet Gun Show in Austin, Sat and Sun (this weekend) and at the San Antonio Saxet Gun Show next weekend.
I assume these Vz-58's will have a 16" barrel instead of the original shorter barrel? Or did they weld on a longer flash hider?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts