Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever installed a new front sight/bayonet lug assembly on a Vz-58/Vz-2008? I have a Vz-2008 that has an original military front sight assembly, but the bayonet attachment was milled off, presumably to meet some goofy BATF regulation. I've found a vendor who has the original military part, but I'm wondering if I can change it myself or if I'm going to have to find somebody with a press.It looks like I should be able to drive out the two pins, heat the thing up with a torch, and remove it, then heat the new part and drive it on with a piece of wood with a hold drilled in it. I've successfully done the same thing on a Mini-14, but I'm wondering if there's some reason I can't do it on a Vz-2008, for instance if the front sight is just pressed on too tight to get off by heating it and driving it off.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine came with a bayonet, and the lug appears to be there. You have to look closely to see that the last 1/4" or so that actually attaches the bayonet has been ground off and the piece reblued.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.