Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a image of a original VZ52 as they left the factory? I have seen many variations on the grey and black metal parts and not sure which is accuate. Did they actually blue parts for this rifle?
I just dura coated mine. Reciever cover is black, tigger group is black, Hand guard metal is black, Barrel collar is black. The rest are grey or wolf grey according to the Dura coat folks.

It would be nice to see what one is suppose to look like.

·
Registered
596 Posts
That's a good question. Most that I've seen in "unmessed with" condition have medium dark colored wood with a glossy clear polyurethane looking finish applied. The metal is blued or grey parked (magazine, receiver cover), no paint (unlike the Vz 52/57) or truck bed liner (a Century Arms contrivance). Having said this I think there was a lot of variation in finish and i'm sure others will chime in. Bear in mind that a lot of Vz 52's we see in this country may have passed through Egypt, Syria, Central and South America, etc. before they reached the US so there has been opportunity for lots of alterations to have taken place.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VZ 52 colors

I picked up some magazines for the rifle a few weeks ago and one of them was painted red at one point. I could see this paint job down in Cuba. Wonder what the rest of his/her rifle looked like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.