Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents

I remember there was a thread on the old boards about removing the Bayonet/Nose Cap from a VZ 52. The thread didnt answer the question.. so here goes?

There is some trick to doing it once the retaining bolt is removed. Anyone know how?

·
Registered
719 Posts
VZ 52

Ike,
Keep in mind that before you remove the nose cap you need to push the small button in that can be accessed through the hole in the bayonet. First remove upper handguard then push in the button with a small tool. While holding the button in slide the barrel ring forward toward the front sight untill it clears the nose cap. Then you can lift the barreled action up up out of the stock. Remove the front screw from the end of the nose cap. The bayonet and nose cap should slide right off. Sometimes they may need a little tap.
6.5x55 MOA

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Visual Aids;

Hope These Help:

Found a couple of illustrations on pulling that bayo and nose cap:

Here's a couple on removing the hand guard first:

And From the Manual: (Read Czech?):

.........>>>>>>>

.........>>>>>>>

The barrel retainer has what looks almost like a Mauser bayonet lug along it's underside that locks it into the nose cap.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gents.

Even after I removed the retaining bolt (the one in the stock channel) it still will not move.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Where Are We, Here?

OK; so we've got the barreled action out now... or have we?

The receiver is sort of "hooked" into that steel block that's screwed down into the stock inlet; I don't think that we have to remove that block at all, unless completely replacing the stock.

As I recall, sometimes that block has to be adjusted to keep the receiver snugly into the inlet.

Let me throw another pic at ya and see if it looks familiar:

I think I might have pirated this shot - can't remember the web site now, but it was a pretty good resource for VZ-52 tinkerage.

Once you get the retainer off of the nose cap up front, that should release the front end of the barrel and you should be able (again, as I recall; it's been a while) to just pick up on the muzzle end, lift it up out of the stock channel, and pull the barrel/action forward (Or push it back?) a little to clear the rear retaining lug / hook on the back of the receiver, then lift the whole assembly out.

You did get the forward retaining ring completely clear of the nose cap assembly, didn't you?
It should be rattling around the barrel freely between the nose cap and the front sight.
I had to remove my front sight in order to get mine completely off.

If your barrel is still stuck down, it might be rusted in;
Try squirting some "PB" penetrant, WD-40, or Ballistol down around the sides of the barrel and letting it work in for a day or two. Then wiggle it around before trying to pull it again.

Here's what your rifle should look like once it's completely field stripped:

...>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gents,

I can get the action out of th estock no problem. The challenge is that the nose cap/bayonet assembly wont budge. There must be more to removing it than just taking out the bolt, or is it simply stuck?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts