Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Do all VZ52/57s have a chrome lined bore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
I thought the Vz52 did not have a chrome bore and the 52/57s do. I just got a '52 last week (having sold my collectible/matched one back in the 1980s). This one has not been refurbed and bears no import markings. It looks like the ones I first saw in the 1970s which came out of the mid-east. Surprisingly the bore is excellent. It was made in 7/56 and in the E-bloc. Other than the stock, all components (though none match) are from the "E-bloc" as well. It came at a very friendly price, along with a sling, two spare mags, and some ammo (if my friend can find it). I may consider working up some brass/reloadable cases for this rifle so I can go non-corrosive as well.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I can see now the ring in the end of the barrel where the chrome bore ends. Are the chambers and bolt heads chromed also?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I haven't looked at mine in a while but I want to say it has developed a crack starting at the recoil lug, running down, curving around and then moving forward and then another running along the receiver where the wood is thin.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would it be advisable to get a replacement stock if I were going to try to shoot a VZ-52/57 much?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.