Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just loading my Vz 27, when this tiny little spring end popped out. Never had it happen before, and no about of coaxing or cajoling or swearing at it will make it go back inside the base of the mag.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
You might want to 'clip down' the end of the spring (you might have a problem trying to use a file) so the sharp end doesn't catch on your fingers, but the piece sticking out should at least stick out far enough to keep the floorplate retained. To remove the floorplate, all you need to do is push the end of the spring up into the slot on the side of the magazine body as you 'work on' the floorplate.

The springs on my CZ27 floorplates stick out just past the edge of the floorplate/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve been handling this same mag for 40+ years and it’s never stuck out like that before, nor does the one on my other mag. It popped out about 2mm when I loaded it. It’s enough that it could easily cut your hand. But I simply can’t get it to go back in far enough that it still wouldn’t cut you.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Move the end of wire out of base plate,then remove the base plate in moving it forward from body,and the remove spring an file on end of,the reassemble it to magazine body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.