Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a photo of my Vz-24. I posted more photos on the military Mauser board, but I didn't want to slight the Czech board!

·
Super Moderator
11,675 Posts
OMG! :eek: I've never seen such a beautiful Vz-24! You must be the luckiest gun collector - judging from all the pictures you posted recently on several boards of this forum. I'm jealous!

·
Registered
658 Posts
beyond words...that's a beautiful rifle!

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Nick... I have been told it's sometimes better to be lucky than good. I feel very lucky!

But I'm still pretty good! :>}

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
No doubt on the beauty. Congrats!

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
My Word!!!

That IS a real jewel you've got there!

A "Carbine" version, no less, judging by the side mounted sling swivel.

Perhaps you could clear up a question that I recently discussed with my Century Arms Rep.;

The M-24/47s, or at least quite a few of them, were allegedly arsenal refurbished / modified CZ-24s.... or were they YUGO M-24s, a different incarnation of the 98 Mauser entirely?

It gets a little confusing.

The Yugo 24/47s, as you & most in here surely know, have the "intermediate" length action shared with the M-48 Mauser, while the BRNO 24s like you have use a... stop me if I'm wrong, here... "Standard" length action a-la K-98.... right?

So if the 24/47s are IL actions, they can't be modified BRNO "Model 24s" then, can they?

Perhaps I should be paying more attention to the letter prefix than the "24" model designation to make the distinction.... assuming that there is one to be made(?).

Have you fired that beaut' yet?

The 24s apparently have a reputation as fine shooters, and you might have to "break in" a cherry barrel like that before realizing it's full accuracy potential. But I would expect it to be a tack driver!

·
Gold Bullet Member
768 Posts
It gets a little confusing.

The Yugo 24/47s, as you & most in here surely know, have the "intermediate" length action shared with the M-48 Mauser, while the BRNO 24s like you have use a... stop me if I'm wrong, here... "Standard" length action a-la K-98.... right?

So if the 24/47s are IL actions, they can't be modified BRNO "Model 24s" then, can they?

Perhaps I should be paying more attention to the letter prefix than the "24" model designation to make the distinction.... assuming that there is one to be made(?).

The refurbed VZ 24s have the designation of 24/52c on the reciever ring under the Tito crest

Rad

·
Registered
216 Posts
Quote:
------------------------------
The M-24/47s, or at least quite a few of them, were allegedly arsenal refurbished / modified CZ-24s.... or were they YUGO M-24s, a different incarnation of the 98 Mauser entirely?
------------------------------

The Belgium and Yugo M-24's (Belgium made the first ones) are not the same as the Czech made VZ-24 (designation CZ-24's is incorrect) rifles. They are totally different rifles. The M-24/47's are reworked Belgium and Yugo M-24's. As you stated, the M-24's and M-24/47's are intermediate actions and the VZ-24's are standard length actions. The reworked VZ-24's are designated M-24/52C as stated above by Rad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts