Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not as gloat worthy as the M91 stock I picked up a few weeks ago. I just won a 1932 dated M27 from an auction. The rifle was labeled as an M39, and it didn't show up in search results, so I was hoping to get this really cheap. Ended up close to my max bid at $450 plus 26% auction fees. I'll find out the shipping costs after I contact the auction. The rifle looks like it was refurbed prior to import and sits in what looks to be a 28/30 stock. I don't know if anyone keeps track of these serial numbers, this one is 0716.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Nice one. I agree on the stock
You mention saving serial numbers - go here:

Yours was a new number.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,757 Posts
Very nice. I've had two VKT M27's in the past (both 1932). Serials 1308 and 2109. Both in what looked like original stocks.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,306 Posts
Nice M27 Bill!

Nice one. I agree on the stock
You mention saving serial numbers - go here:

Yours was a new number.
Thanks for your data collecting, processing and presenting ole fred! That is a very, very useful post that I refer to on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rifle just arrived today. So far, looks to be in excellent shape. Cleaning the bore right now. At first I though the previous owner shot corrosive through it without cleaning it. After some wipes, I think the brown stuff is just preservative grease--which is a little odd as the rear sight did have white paint as if the previous owner was trying to make the rear sight more visible for shooting purposes.

Stock is a NOS wartime M28/30. Yes, the receiver is cut for the bolt wings. No, the original winged bolt is not present. And, yes, I did check the tang. It is not an antique.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.