Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m using gunboards on an iPhone 11. Why do I keep getting virus messages all day on this site.

241CD6B1-E26E-4EF7-AB35-AB52AB064593_1598752582907.png

7A3CB524-4451-4F75-8207-0C8319A4BCE4_1598752609219.png

4CB2D74C-864D-40F2-A2D9-E6F061FC8974_1598752633647.png

I’ve never had this in the past few months. Now I keep getting them.

Also, my PM’s won’t stop showing as new, even after I read them or mark the folder as read.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
This is probably more off point than on point. The problem likely best addressed in a Forum dedicated to such problems. My 'guess', the entire problem in your phone, not GB Forum. Otherwise we'd all be seeing versions of such. That said...
Your computer/tablet/phone is likely infected. The notice is either part of the infection or repetitive in telling you the problem still exists. I'd try a good virus scan fast & soon! Don't know whether Bit Defender offers free virus scans/free trials; especially for Apple That's what I use on my MS system. Inexpensive purchase and supposed to be one of the best. You may recall when GB Website was down couple of months ago. Believe I'd sounded the alarm as my BD Program went nuts with warnings as I moved to a particular Thread. (No, I have no BD financial interest whatsoever. Just highly satisfied user.).
I do think, there is potential danger to your system and the sooner you address the problem, the better. Heaviest counter-defense, perhaps a complete reinstallation of your operating system. I don't use Apple and know little about it. In any case, I'd avoid "clicking" on anything within what appears to be a virus/trojan horse or some such inspired. It can change from 'pesky' to messing severely with your system.
Hopefully others along here to offer potentially more competent Apple advice.
Good Luck & Stay Safe... Computer Health & You/Yours!
John

·
Silver Bullet member
31,965 Posts
In light of some of the more recent complaints, the decision has been made to nuke the entire site from space.
You might want to stand back for this.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,444 Posts
I’ve had to dump cookies, more last two months on my I pad’s history, easy access icons ..
Typing would delay three to Four letters..Then I’d wait - - - - the letters would appear!
till I cleaned history’s and things..<>< dan

I don’t know if that’s a virus?...with my Typing problems drove me insane.....

·
Silver Bullet member
31,965 Posts
I’ve had to dump cookies, more last two months on my I pad’s history, easy access icons ..
Typing would delay three to Four letters..Then I’d wait - - - - the letters would appear!
till I cleaned history’s and things..<>< dan

I don’t know if that’s a virus?...with my Typing problems drove me insane.....
Your I-Pad may have been trying to update at the same time.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,444 Posts
Might have..didn’t think of that..did see notices a few times...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If they want you to clic on something thats called spoofing or Phishing. Maybe the system is hacked. But I've had zero problems. I run a pretty good anti-virus software.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I’m using gunboards on an iPhone 11. Why do I keep getting virus messages all day on this site.

View attachment 3719865

View attachment 3719867

View attachment 3719869

Also, my PM’s won’t stop showing as new, even after I read them or mark the folder as read.
You could ask apple for their opinion.

Personally, if I had a message come up on screen that was anything like that I wouldn't "click" anything on screen. I would just "escape" followed by "clear browsing history". That is what I would do but it is not a recommendation to others.

Have you downloaded "apps" from anywhere other than the official "App Store"?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

View attachment 3719865

View attachment 3719867

View attachment 3719869

You could ask apple for their opinion.

Personally, if I had a message come up on screen that was anything like that I wouldn't "click" anything on screen. I would just "escape" followed by "clear browsing history". That is what I would do but it is not a recommendation to others.

Have you downloaded "apps" from anywhere other than the official "App Store"?
I closed the screen and opened the page in a clean browser. It was weird but hasn’t happened again. I only use the App Store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts