Gunboards Forums banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Japanese Sniper

Description Japanese Army Sniper armed with a Type 97 sniper rifle during training, Japan 1941.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Photo seems strange to me. The scope is just about above his eye, unless he is only looking thru the bottom half of the scope. Hard to believe he will not get a "Scope Bite" as close as the scope is to his face. John

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Japan's Home Guard - Late WWII
What, extremely little, I've read on this one seems to indicate a late 30's date and either school training or practicing for a play/dance. Though I do not know where anyone is getting this information.

·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Kempeitai

Description Studio photo of a Kempeitai officer

·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
ambu Pistol

Description Japanese Navy Pilot , 1945

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Kempeitai

Description

Studio photo of a Kempeitai officer
For the record, this is a MSgt with a civil sword and a leather NCO tassel. I'm sure the source of the photo said it's an officer, but I just wanted to make it clear, so no one gets confused.

Love your whole thread!

Attachments

·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Ace Kiyomi Katsuki

Description N1ki1 kyofu seaplane of the IJNAF Ace Kiyomi Katsuki, he shot down a b-24 bomber with this seaplane.

·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
type 100 submachine gun

Description Japanese kamikaze commando of the Giretsu Kuteitai armed with a type 100 submachine gun, may 1945

Recent comments
  • Nickdfresh (Sun 23 Oct 2016 11:07:32 AM EDT)
    Probably 'rare-as-hens-teeth". I think the U.S. produced more sub-machine guns in one month than Japan did for the entire war...

·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Ho-Ni Self Propelled Gun

Description japanese army Ho-Ni Self Propelled Gun , Okinawa 1944

·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Fooled you,didn't I ?

Fooled you,didn't I ?

Description

A Japanese dummy tank is observed by an American officer after the Battle of Iwo Jima. The fake tank (made out of clay or stone) presents many impacts of bullets. Iwo Jima, Japan, 1945.

·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
C78

C78

Description

LOW LEVEL BOMBING JAPANESE AIRFILD

·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Battle of Midway - aftermath

Battle of Midway - aftermath

Description

June 5th, 1945 - The IJN aircraft carrier Hiryu ( or what's left of it ) floats while still smoldering in the Pacific.

Recent comments
  • Ryan K. (Tue 23 Jun 2015 04:24:20 PM EDT)
    Erm... 1942, not 1945, my friend.
    (Still, it's a fantastic photograph!)

·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Pearl Harbour - the attack begins.

Pearl Harbour - the attack begins.

Description

Photograph taken from a Japanese aircraft, flying from the "city" side of the Naval base, subsequently captured by US forces. In the middle ground is Ford Island US Naval base and "Battleship Row"; beyond, across the strait, are the US Navy yard, fuel and ammunition storage facilities, and Hickam Field air base. At Battleship Row, a torpedo burst can be seen; also a Japanese aircraft which, as far as I

181 - 197 of 197 Posts