Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please share any Clubs in North Texas that hold regular Vintage Military Matches (WWI and WWII rifles)

Thanks!

·
Registered
724 Posts
well Slaton in the panhandle is a little far for you, but keep us in mind if you are in the area. Even if you do not have a rifle with you , we can loan you one to shoot a match. Every sunday at 9 am at the range in Slaton. mag

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mag, I would like to come by Rustic Range with my new milsurps and watch or shoot if I can please! Say this Sunday, Oct. 7? ;)

·
Registered
724 Posts
There will be 2 different matches on the 7th. They start at 10 am, but get there by at least 9:30 am to get set up. The first match is for as-issued military rifles, 200 yards ,20 rounds of ammo for the match , plus a few sighters. The other is for scoped rifles , a man vs man race match , 4 inch free moving balloons at 175 yards, 5 shots per relay , about 20 - 40 rounds , depends how long you last. You are welcome to come out and shoot. The matches are at the big sil range, just ask at the office. mag

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thanks mag! I appreciate the invitation!

AC

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
rwoods,
I'm from Weatherford too, and have been looking for a good place to shoot and would like to get into military match shooting, I've only done small bore events so far. I sent you a message, don't know if you got it.

Clay

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Full?

Cass,
I tried to join this club before, was not able to, I believe I was told they had a full memebership. So I am able to attend the match shoots, but not the membership?

The Mauser Kid

·
Platinum Bullet Member
944 Posts
That's odd. I wonder what they consider "full"? I just see their posts occasionally about matches but haven't been there. I sometimes shoot matches over at Terrell, but that is pretty far from Weatherford.

Cass

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Thanks

Oh, I guess I didn't read carefully I thought you were directly affliated. I don't know I guess I'll check with them again, can't resist 1000 yds. But I'll check out Terrell, I don't know how far it is but I don't mind driving to get to matches and such. I've not been able to find any decent outdoor ranges beyond 50 yds. anywhere around here.
Thanks

·
Platinum Bullet Member
944 Posts
Gibson's in Mesquite is a public range that has 100 and 200 yards. It is open every day and allows FMJ ammo.

Cass

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Thanks

Yeah I think I'll check out that range not this weekend but next, make the drive over there and see how it is. Is that where you normally shoot?

The Mauser Kid

·
Platinum Bullet Member
944 Posts
I do shoot there some. I used to have a place down near Athens, but have been shooting at Gibson's some.

Cass

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Cass!
I'll look into this club. It may even be closer than the Parker County Sportsmans Club that I shoot at in northwest Parker County.
all the best!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To theMauserkid, sorry for the late reply

I'm in Brock, just southwest of Weatherford. Send me an email and we can link up for coffee and a visit.
all the best!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts