Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd try out the picture posting. This rifle belongs to a friend of mine and I'm sure it will be of interest to our cousins across the pond.

Cheers,
Simon.

BTW Anybody care to hazard a gues as to its value?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was discovered a few years back gathering dust in the corner of a U.S.A.F base here in the U.K. It needed a thorough cleaning but the as you can see it came up nicely with a light patina on the metalwork, the bore is also good too.

Cheers,
Simon.

P.S. I just want to make one thing absolutely clear in case any of our friends in UK law enforcement are reading. THIS RIFLE IS NOT!!! IN THE UNITED KINGDOM.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,573 Posts
That rifle is totally cool. The scope looks a little odd, much more new/fresh than the rifle. I also appears to be a PU, not SVT type scope. Was this the scope it left VN with or do we know? Any more details on the scope?

Value is considerable. If I had the cash, and the scope was not replaced, I would sink $5000 in it. May be worth even more, especially with bringback papers and some proof it was a Russian assembled sniper and not one made up the the NVA.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike,

The scope is a replacement. To the best of my / his knowledge the original scope was damged beyond repair in a fire along with a lot of others when the owner was moving home. To cut a long story short some scumbags set fire to the removals container which contained a lot of his collection, fortunately the rifles where all in storage. at the time.

Cheers,
Simon.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I know of no other bringback SVT's. Value is hard to hazard as you say the scope is replaced, probably the sling also, and I guess it has no capture documents. If he had still kept the original scope that would be a real plus and would seal the deal even more. The earlier post of $5k might be a mite high but seeing as how I'd think about paying around that I guess that would be the value. (If your friend is interested in selling pls email me.)

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,603 Posts
That is the coolest rifle I've seen in a while!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I don't think 5k is high at all. I recently sold an original matching SVT40 sniper rig for about $4k, so if it is matching, $5k would be a bargain.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
badash5946,

Let me have an E-mail for you and I'll put you in touch directly with the owner if you want to know more about it.

Cheers,
Simon.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
Good luck; I hope you get it!..Show us some pictures if you do...:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts