Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
>Here is another pre Gun Control Act of 1968 mail-order bargain that appeared in the December 1954 American Rifleman.<

Yeah, I remember the ads for the Boys rifles. the fiala ads are famous!
I bought a couple DEWATs in 1955 from Cadmus Indistries in CA, and my grandmother bought me a DEWAT 1909 Portative from Numrich Arms in 1956 for Christmas (I gave her an ad for the gun cut from American Rifleman; $19.95 deivered by Railway Express). My Mom wouldn't talk to her for a week after that! LOL!
I've got Service Armaments catalogs from those years, Hy Hunter, Ma Hunter, and others. Curt Earl's catalogs in the late sixties pushed me over th edge for registered MGs.
Interesting that .55 ammo was so expensive back then. I am selling .55 in ten round clips for $75. The guns are in the $3000-4000 range or a bit higher if converted to .50BMG. Have sold two in the last 6 months. They are still a great deal!

Bob Naess
Black River Militaria CII

·
Silver Bullet member
37,972 Posts
I just did a Google Street View, 10 Warren Street became "Fountain Pen Hospital" sometime between 1946 and 1950. the location is about 1000 feet east by northeast of Ground Zero.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I found this advertisement in the May 1936 American Rifleman for ....and Marlin aircraft machine guns for $7.75.
I think I have one from that ad! Bought a little while ago for something like 70x that price and consider it a great deal! Its been demilled a little more since then to keep up with ATF demil standards. Looks like back in the day they torched the chamber right were it connects to the rest of the gun. Not everyday you run into a Marlin digger (well without the digger part!). I do like it a lot but if I had a choice I would rather have it with the digger function and not an AC gun. Just a standard 1914 ground model for me.... maybe one day.

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Shotgun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.