Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday before the start of our black powder cartridge sihouette match we recognized a Korean war veteran who who is the range officer for the matches. He had been wounded in Korea and whisked home and never received medals he earned. A retired major in our group learned of this and went to work obtaining the missing medals. This was all done on the QT and was quite a surprise for the veteran. I started by blowing "attention" on a trumpet then the major, in uniform shirt (the rest doesn't fit), pinned a Korean campaign medal, purple heart, combat infantrymans medal, and presidential unit citation on his shirt to the applause of all present. It felt great to be part of recognizing one of our heroes.

Vern

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
That sounds like a really good time and honorable time at the range.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Glad he got his CIB, if it were me that'd be The Tops, can't get any better than that!

·
Silver Bullet member
1,082 Posts
Now that is a great thing to read about. I am glad you guys did that for him. What a special moment for him and the rest of you.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,365 Posts
Good for you fellows. That is a great recognition of service. Sometimes it means more later in life than when you actually performed it. The service and the recognition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts