Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

I picked this up yesterday in a trade with a good friend of mine. He says that he got it from the estate of a WWII vet. The markings on this gun lead me to believe that it was proofed in November of 1939 (1139). It has some great engraving on all metal parts. The top of the barrel is marked "Karl Kormes, Leipzig", which I understand to be the retailer. Is there any way to decipher who actually made the gun? Also, what would be the value on a piece like this? Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Beautiful Bockbuchesflinte! You are correct about the build date..just looking at the style of the receiver and the double Greener crossbolt lugs on the top of the chamber I would say this is a Merkel built gun. Looks like it had a large 6x Zeiss or Hensoldt scope mounted at one time judging by the distance between the claw mount bases. Chambered for a nice and available (on line at least!) cartridge too. I would say a value of $1500 to $2000 would be a ball park range for this gun..depending on who's looking (re-people that love these guns). Have you shot it, and tried out the single set trigger (hair trigger)? Kevin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Merle Model 210

I have a combination very similar to yours. It is probably a Merkel Model 210?. The firearm is marked Merkel but the model number is not marked on the firearm, but I think that is probably a 210 comparing it with Merkel models. It is 16 ga/22 Savage HiPower. Build date is 10-37. Scope: Hensoldt-Wetzlar Duralumin-Dialytan 4x. Serial No. 24XXX. Fully engraved, set trigger, and ejectors. Hopes this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts