Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a picture of a keg of powder that is 12 lbs. It is for a project I am doing. No one local has any, I have checked gun shops, muzzle loader clubs, etc. I need a pic of the keg and one of the label where it reads 12 lb. Any help would be appreciated. The only thing is that i need it ASAP. Can anybody help me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
G

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
I did a google search. It seems that you're not the only one involved in this scavenger hunt. ATF limited the amount of black powder to 8 lbs, I think back in the 1970s. Your best bet, will be an old catalog, or add of some sort. You might try ebay, or other auction site, for an empty container for sale.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd try googling mining/tunneling/railroad building circa 1860's. Those boys used LOTS of blasting powder so you might find a pic or two.

·
Gold Bullet member
181 Posts
12 Pound Powder Keg.......

I am trying to get a picture of a keg of powder that is 12 lbs. It is for a project I am doing. No one local has any, I have checked gun shops, muzzle loader clubs, etc. I need a pic of the keg and one of the label where it reads 12 lb. Any help would be appreciated. The only thing is that i need it ASAP. Can anybody help me or point me in the right direction?Thanks
G
Well.......You made me go look and sure enough I have one from many years past. It's from Hercules and it's Red Dot, but it is 12 pounds. I put the tape measure to show that it's 12inches tall by 9 inches across.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts