Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty sure that Arisaka's that have either a 000 or 00 before the serial number were withdrawn from service? The question I have is a rifle marked such safe to fire?

Thanks

·
Silver Bullet member
2,380 Posts
many are in excellent condition and may have been so marked soon after production, while some appear used up and/or rebuilt. as dave said i would apply normal procedure as you would any milsurp

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hey Mike, do you remember the theory behind the various zero prefex's well enough to post it? I tend to boggle stuff up so bad when i try that no one can follow it...Dave

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
No "theory" here, but actual copies of dated military circular claerly states that school surpluses are to be marked with two zeroes in front of the serial number and vets assctn surplus are to be marked with three zeroes.Details will be described on Francis' new T-38 bok to come out soon.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Thanks,Edokko ..Thats why I try to avoid explanations, the way my brain handles information works for me, but anytime I try to explain stuff it comes out as clear as mud and just gets worse the more I try. Probably why I do best if'n I stay away from people and stick to my machines and books.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
Dave, you're probably the kind of guy I'd like to have a single malt or JD drinkin' session with. Any chance of you showing up at Phoenix ?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
When is the phoenix gathering? Also ,do you have an opinion of the japanese single malt whisky's ? Ive heard of them but have not ever actually saw one, tho i understand nikka makes one possibly equal to the true scottish one..(is nikka the same company that used to be Dainippon?)..Dave

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
The Phoenix gathering is on Nov 30 (Fri) the first day of the three day gun show.
Yep, some of the Japanese single malts are real good, Nikka makes a wonderful label called the Yoichi and some others. Suntory has a few too but the Yamazaki label is available in the States. Unfortunately the better Yoichi can only be found in Japan.
If you show up at Phoenix, I'll try to see if I can scrape up a bottle of Yamazaki from one of my secret underground shady contacts there.
Dainippon was a beer brewery which was separated into two beer companies "Sapporo" and "Asahi" by the GHQ after the war. A two-for-one deal !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts