Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone with knowledge have any thoughts in the "unissued" Venezuelan contract FN Model 24/30 Mauser rifle in 7x57 that is shrouded in a grey blanket? It looks pretty legit but I know very little about these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,941 Posts
It appears that the FN1930 is in just about perfect condition. It is also up to $980 already which is more than I would pay for it.

There are reasons why links to live auctions are not permitted on Gunboards. One is that some members spend a lot of time searching the auctions. If they find and like something like this Venezuelan, the time they spent can be wasted if someone posts "the gray blanket has a Venezuelan FN1930". That is essentially, if not technically, a live auction link.

The proper way to ask your question is via email or PM, not by posting in the forum.

Regards,
Bill

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bill, come on. My post does not violate the "no links to live auction" rule. You need to chill. It is not essentially or technically anything.

·
15,941 Posts
No, you need to chill and quit posting information about live auctions. Here's the rule:

6) Do not postongoing "live" auctions. You may post when auctions are completed but no mention or promoting of auction items is allowed that are current on Gunboards.com

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not post anything about anything other than to ask about an unissued 24/30 shrouded in grey. That's not a link. I didn't name a site. I didn't even say it was being auctioned. It could have been at oldguns.com for all anyone knows. You're the one who said its an auction. I phrased it in such a way that only people who follow these things would know what I was asking. It's not a rule violation, period. If you don't approve of my post, then don't provide information in response.

AND, the way to make YOUR point is by email or pm and not here, so ...

·
15,941 Posts
Yep, you sure "phrased it in such a way that only people who follow these things would know what I was asking". You phrased it in such a way that only Gunboards members would know you were talking about the gray blanket, Steve (Larry) Eisel, holding a live auction on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and you violated the rule by commenting on its condition and value, so ... 😉

"It appears that the FN1930 is in just about perfect condition. It is also up to $980 already which is more than I would pay for it."

So let's just put this to an end and not continue the thread/discussion, 'kay?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.