Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a fair price for a Metallwerken Vasteras rear sight for a CG96?
Just bought the rifle and want to get a better sight. It's not D&T for one of the diopter sights.
TIA
riflemanonre

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
You will want to get the civilian version of the Vasteras refined sight adapter which is adjustable from 100 to 600 meters. The two military versions are in the 250 or 275 meter to 600 meter range, I forget exactl wat the starting marks on them are.

I think they are going in the $60 to $90 range when you can find one.

Vlad

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,393 Posts
I may have a few extras. P/M me if your interested.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
Bear in mind these refined sight adapters are calibrated for the m/38 length barrel with a specific front sight blade.

Dutchman

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
I like the sight on my rifle, but had high hopes on finding the sight with two adjustment wheels(forgive my ignorance on a specific name)

Here is a pic of the sight I do have on my rifle =+)

Pahtu.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
Yeah, same as the military m/55 rear sight used on the m/41b sniper rifle.

I have one of the m/55 and one of the m/58 that has windage via opposing screws. I like the m/55 overall.

Dutchman

·
Copper Bullet member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Swedeadmirer:
Pls tell me more about your sight shown with the two wheels.
Not sure what to get for my mint 1906 CG M96; all matching.
TIA
riflemanone

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
"Swedeadmirer:
Pls tell me more about your sight shown with the two wheels.
Not sure what to get for my mint 1906 CG M96; all matching.
TIA"

riflemanone I would make a separate post with many decent pic's of your rifle & ask the good folks here what the rifle is worth - I don't think that is violating rules?

I have collected a couple Swedish rifles & am far from knowing much about Swedish Mausers, but the Tunheden sight is one that does not come up for sale very often & has a decent value on it's own.

Pahtu.

·
Registered
295 Posts
tunheden

I believe this sight is commonly used in comps in Germany - I dont like it much myself. If you like shooting at ranges buy a proper range sight - I think they really make the rifle look a million dollars as well as easier to shoot better

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Thanks for the link - I did not know that a company was making a similar "Tunheden" style sight. Originals made in Sweden(I believe) are very hard to find and expensive. I passed on a couple I have seen here and there & wish I did not pass on buying them. I may opt for one of the current made sights.

Pahtu.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Swedeadmirer:
What did you dislike about the Tunheden Backsight?
What sight do you suggest for a M96?
TIA
riflemanone

1 - 20 of 25 Posts