Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got one of these rare birds. Any idea on current value?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Thinking about selling it?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If work doesn't rapidly pick up it may on the block.....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Info on Stamped Receiver Chinese SKS

I was wondering what the condition of this SKS and if it is a all matching one. Can you tell me which arsenal mark is on the rifle. I would interested in the rifle if it is a nice all matching SKS. I would appreciate any pictures of the SKS snet to my personal e-mail.
I look forward to your reply with much interest.
Yours Truly,
Tex
[email protected]

·
Gold Bullet member
4,319 Posts
Pics would be great. I've never seen a stamped receiver SKS in person. I'd like to have one too!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Bill-Rube please check your PM.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here it is after bringing it home. This is prior to the cleanup. It appears to have been in a closet for several years prior to it heading to the shop.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
NICE score! I have 2 of the stamped receiver Chinese..both [0138]. I think there is only one other arsenal code that produced them

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Pics would be great. I've never seen a stamped receiver SKS in person. I'd like to have one too!

:eek:DUH!!! You NEVER asked or don't remember. I have 2 and when the time comes for you to part with that M27 VKT 193X-- we have a deal! And you never drink but one beer when you stop by.

·
Registered
592 Posts
There is another confirmed stamped receiver code...

I believe it was Sksnut that once shared some photos of his "stamped receiver" examples and he had one with the code "0145". There might be a known third confirmed factory code (0144?), but the old gunboards.com post regarding this topic is ancient history.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in and correct me if this is wrong.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Those are way cool. Anybody have a spare to trade for a Egyptian used SKS?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Stamped receiver SKS

Not only is the receiver different but the stocks are different too. They are inletted differently and will not interchange.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Not only is the receiver different but the stocks are different too. They are inletted differently and will not interchange.
The reason the stocks are different is probably because the large rivet heads at the wood line which need a notch. Think a std receiver might fit in a stamped stock, but not the other way.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,271 Posts
Nice "Made in China by Norinco" on the side of Bill's rifle. Cool looking rifle though. Would love to have one but can't afford it.

Chuck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts