Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I bought a few stripped Winchester receivers from GB a year ago, one was original finish and the other was a repark. both were pit free and cost $260 and $290 plus shipping. I did have to pay a transfer fee as the stripped receiver is not a C&R. I bought a few 1950's surplus barrels from CMP and was able to cobble them back together with some of my spare parts. I would think an IHC would be about twice the price, say $500 or so for the receiver.

·
Banned
5,134 Posts
if the recievers were made 50 years before 2011 they would be C&R,i would think just about all m-1 recievers were made before 1956 making them C&R, tho they still would have to be sent to a ffl with out the C&R license. some people will not send to a C&R, even tho the gun is C&R as they don,t know the law. eastbank.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The rules about a receiver not being a "relic" have had lots of discussion as the receiver is not in its "original" condition. I did read a BATF ruling that stated that a receiver does not qualify as a C&R firearm. I think the ruling is #85-10 or 8510.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.