Gunboards Forums banner

Value of Luger made for Interarms ?

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  martin08 
#1 ·
What is the current value for a as in new condition Mauser American Eagle Luger in 9mm cal. with a 4'' barrel as imported by Interarms in 1970and 1980's . These where new made by Mauser for Interarms .

#2 · (Edited)
You got me curious, so I checked Gunbroker, on their Collectible Firearms finished auctions page. One 9mm, in the box, with all accessories, got 37 bids and sold for $2226. I'd guess the starting price was relatively low with all those bids, as another one like it started at $2200, and after multiple auctions, remained unsold with no bids. A few with no box or accessories went for about $975, or around $650, if .30 Luger.
With online sales, I expect additional charges for FFL, shipping and sales tax.

#4 ·
I would say $900-$1200 - depending on if box, etc - and they ARE C&R
Luger, Mauser Parabellum, semiautomatic pistol, cal.’s 7.65mm or 9mm Luger, 4” and 6” barrel, Swiss pattern with grip safety and the American Eagle stamped on the receiver; made from 1970 to 1978.

#5 ·
I bought an “as new”, in the original box, 4” barrel, 9mm, Swiss, Interarms/Mauser Parabellum pistol at Service Armament in Ridgefield, NJ in ‘79. The box corners were separating and the tool was missing from the box. The target was there too. Salesman said the firearm was new and had never left the store. I paid $500.00.

It was a dog. Function was so disappointinag with various FMJ I just left it in the safe

In the mid ‘90s I took it to a well thought of Smith for an appraisal and was told $550.00.

In ‘07 I did some research online and at a local show here in Texas and found little interest or increase in value. The next show I took it and traded it even Steven for a Sig P2340 with 3 sets of grips, 4 mags in the factory plastic case in “as new” condition. The tag on the table was $550.

The trader guy tried to sell it at $800.00 for 3 yrs, without success, before he passed away. Always well presented on his table at the shows.

I visit the Simpson site often and see some of them finally up in the $1250 area for one like I had.

Breathtaking pistol that just wouldn’t work worth a hoot.

#6 ·
Hey pop63,

The examples which we saw at the Julia and Poulin Auctions over the years would sell for around 80% of an average collectible Luger. For example, when the WWII Mauser S42 or 42 in good condition was around $1,000, the Interarms guns were $800.

I think the same principle could work for today's market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.