Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
K43 ac 93d marked on receiver and on the side of the bolt.
Stock is "toast" it has been sanded and cut down with a padded buttstock added. No sight hood, no sling, no cleaning rod. It has 2 "made in Denmark" magazines. Other than the stock problems it seems in pretty good condition.

Any opinion as to value is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,079 Posts
Depending on what the handguard is like I feel it's worth at least $1200, it is a dual guide lug and for that reason an original stock is almost impossible to find and could be $8-1000 easily, original hood, rod and mag could be another $300 +or-.

Hope that helps,
Chuck

·
Registered
911 Posts
I think $1200 may be a little high. D-block, dual lug, rough-forged receiver is not such a rare variant that chasing down a stock, sling, sight hood, and mag would be worth it. Recovering a sporter, though a noble endeavor, can be pricey. Actually, looking at the PICS, it's not quite as bad as described. I'd still buy such a gun for $800, and rather than replace the stock, try and repair the existing one to accept an original ( even repro) buttplate.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Is bore pitted, or just real dirty? Don't know what kind of steel those Germans used, but just about every G/K43 I've ever seen has a near pristine bore...shiney with crisp rifling...despite overall appearance of the weapon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will have to measure the stock lenght to see how much was removed. The bore looks very good, there may be some minor pitting but it has very distinct lands and grooves. I need to find directions on how to break it down so I can give it a good internal inspection. Since the same owner has had this since 1956 I am hoping to find it all internals match the serial #.
BTW, I paid under $800 for this K43, $600 and a 1/2 ammo can of "1955" ammo & the promise of finding the other 5-8 boxes of more ammo.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I wouldn't recommend shooting any "1955" ammo in the gun, if it is in fact Yugoslavian. Is the ammo in 15 round boxes? 50's Yugo ammo, though mostly the 1953 dates I hear, is known for case head failures, which can be catastrophic when occuring in a G/K43. Your best bet is steel cased Romanian...still quite a bit of it around at gun shows, and occasionally online.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ammo is from Israel. I think he gave me about 70-80rds and said he has 5-8 more 20rd boxes.
headstamp is 55 *(star)IX and some israeli letters. There is writting on the boxes but it is all Isreale letters & a few numbers.
Box has an ink stamped 9/55

Someone wrote in ink pen .323 Dia.=8mm and case length 2.24inch-473

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Value of K43 with these problems

Banannas,
Yes, that was me!

I still have it, I turned down an offer of $775 for it. I had a collector of G/K 43's look at it and told me he would have bought it but he has a AC code K43 already. Told me not to take less than $800 for it which is why I turned down $775. I figured with the 2 magazines and 100rds of Ammo it was worth more than $775
I have located a "repo" stock in europe for about $300 plus shipping (link for stock:http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=265231) & I can get a G/K 43 buttplate on ebay or gunbroker.

Banannas where are you located?

Jim...........aka.......hognfrog

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in Oshkosh. I found a disassembly guide, http://www.gunpics.net/german/g43/g43dis.html

I'd like to see the condition of the bolt group and receiver, as pictured here
Bananna's,
Thanks for the link, I have to work the next few days but I will try to disassemble the bolt and get some pictures.

I have had several inquiries since I posted here and from the Oshkosh show. The Collector called me to tell me he gave my name to a "friend" of his to see if he wants to buy it. I also have a PM from another person from this board.

I will have to think about what I want to do with this now it is generating more intrest than I thought!

Jim................................aka...............hognfrog

·
Banned
6,846 Posts
I think those guys are stroking you. I sold a junked out G-43 for $1250 [missing all the safety parts and someone fooled with it so you couldn't fix the safety. Also cracked and repaired Re-po stock], and a sporterized one for $800[with a Re-po Mag]. Maybe where you live, money is real tight . If I saw it here in AZ. I would give you $1000 at least with the idea of selling the extras and making some money. Just MHO, BB in AZ

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys for all the information, I am getting offers faster than I can respond. I guess I made a great purchase.
I need to take it apart and check to see if there are any #'s on the bolt. I didn't find any on the safety and don't see in electro penciling on the bolt housing ( it would be toward the rear near the safety right?). I am working tomorrow but will try to get to the bolt on friday and take some pictures.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,810 Posts
Dont take less than $1200 for it because with both mags it will bring $1300-1400 on gunbroker.
Sorry to ruin it for everyone.. The guy isnt stupid its not like hes gonna give it to you for $700.

Personally I would keep it if i were you they only go up in value. However if you take the time to put it on gunbroker you will perhaps double your money.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Seldom do grandiose restoration plans workout. And it will never be original. When you are buying a shooter, don't pay more than shooter prices.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.