Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd appreciate any estimates as to the value of these Iron Crosses and Belt buckle. A couple of gentlemen have said the crosses are 2nd class, and missing their rings and ribbons, and that the buckle is a Reich Heer version, Weimar Army buckle.
I know very little about them, but will be offering them for sale for a friend, and would appreciate any additional info on them I can get.
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
The buckle is probably a $30-50 one. The two iron crosses are really beat and unless they were dirt cheap I would pass. The loop on the ww1 EK2 looks like it was resoldered?

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,719 Posts
Same on the buckle, pretty worn, unless that is a crack on the left side in the first picture, then cut estimate in half. The IC on the left has been repaired in several places, I am not sure even sellable. The IC on the right is somewhat better, maybe $20, to a begining collector. Afraid in todays economy, prices have crashed for below average items. Skid

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Good original 1914 iron cross with b/w ribbon is about $50 - $75 from several dealers on the internet. A 1939 iron cross with the ribbon will sell from $100 - $150. First class pinbacks and screw-ons are $300 - $500. Everything depends upon condition and the makers marks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.