Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Steyr M-95 Long rifle in overall excellent condition inside and out.

It has an S marked chamber.

What would you pay for this rifle?

(I am not selling it, I just want to know if it I paid too much.)

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,585 Posts
On the bottom end of the price range, I got one from the auctions last month for 125 + freight. SW

·
Administrator
11,975 Posts
I recently paid $350 for a truly excellent long M.95, stock marked with only one number, mirror bore, correct WWII sling. May be the high end, but how often do you see them in such condition?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,538 Posts
I have seen the long rifles sell for between $170 (the one I bought!!) and $300. I think if you can find one in great shape, for around $200-250, you've done well.

T

·
Registered
950 Posts
Like everyone else says, the highest price I have seen for one in nearly unissued condition (since rework) was around $400 or $425. I think the $200-$300 range is much more common and reasonable though. As far as rework long rifles go, Budapest does not seem to command much more of a premium than Steyr, although the former is MUCH less common. Bulgarian crested reworks will likely be at the upper end of that range.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,960 Posts
Of course original 8x50 chambering commands a higher price as well.

·
Administrator
11,975 Posts
Of course original 8x50 chambering commands a higher price as well.
An original long M.95 in excellent condition, still in 8x50 will be over $1K - except I have never seen one like that outside museums.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I just snagged a 1914 dated example in nearly museum shape from a dealer online. It was pricy, but unit marked and the best one I have by far! The finish and fit is just supurb.

·
Administrator
11,975 Posts
Congratulations! Can we have at least a peek at the beauty?

·
Registered
950 Posts
It comes home tomorrow, so after a weekend away and provided there is a break from work there will be some pictures next week...

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,960 Posts
Here is mine in 8x50, all correct and matching.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Very nice! What are the date and barrel markings? Any unit markings?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,960 Posts
Thanks
Its a 1901 Styer, No Unit markings

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Like everyone else says, the highest price I have seen for one in nearly unissued condition (since rework) was around $400 or $425. I think the $200-$300 range is much more common and reasonable though. As far as rework long rifles go, Budapest does not seem to command much more of a premium than Steyr, although the former is MUCH less common. Bulgarian crested reworks will likely be at the upper end of that range.
I saw an excellant S marked rework bring $400 a couple of years ago at a gunshow.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Value of M95 Long Rifle

Most M95 Long Rifles that I've seen have been $ 200.00 - $ 300.00 in Northern California and Reno, NV.

Not common like the Stutzen or the Carbine.

If you are lucky you can pick up one for less.

Tiledude

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hey Tiledude, what part of NorCal are you in? I'm in the Sacramento area...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts