Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was checking to see if anyone knows what the going price is for a Mas 44.Im not looking to sell it but am interested if the value has gone up on it.I had bought this years ago. I think it was a trade and some cash. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
A search of past auctions in GB showed no MAS 44s up for auction in the last 3 months (which is as far back in time as GB searches allow). These don't come up for auction all that often, might be a tough to put market price to. I bought mine years ago so Lord knows what it would fetch in today's market.

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
In short yes, the value has gone up on these and they are unique. How much purely depends on if you have a motivated buyer in front of you and the condition of your piece. We all like seeing pictures of these if you are able ;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Back in '08 I sold my very nice MAS44 for $675. I believe that today, I'd probably be asking around $750 for it. The one I had was in excellent condition with most of the accessories that came with it when I bought it about 8 years back. The MAS 44 is a natural collectible for anyone who wants the entire series of semi-auto MAS rifle beginning with the 44 then to both the French and Syrian 49 and finally the 49/56. They all shoot great and, in my opinion, are really very handsome rifles.

Remember, there were only 6200 MAS 44 rifles made and fewer than that arrived in the States for sale. So, from a rarity standpoint, the MAS 44 is right up there with the Rashid. But, all that being said, there isn't a real clamour for them and rarity has not esclated their prices all that much over the past years. Their prices have really just kept up with inflation. One would think that a rifle of this quality, functionality and accuracy would see much higher values but they simply don't because of the lack of demand on the market. One of the issues may be due to the lack of ammo for it, too. IT's not a cheap rifle to shoot. Still, a nice one will sell readily as there are collectors out there that are looking for one to complete their MAS line.

So, as said on the Antique's Road Show, I'd value it for insurance purposes at about $750 in nice shape.

MAS Family.

Rome
me

·
Registered
822 Posts
One did sell on Gunbroker 2(?) years ago for $1400. Maybe I'm biased because I own one, but I wouldn't sell for less than $1000. Since I bought mine, I've tried to find another and there don't seem to be any. I see lot's of 49/56 and a few 49's but no 44's.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input everyone. What i did was buy doubles of the Mas rifles years ago. The dealer I would go to was getting the Mas 49/56 kits from I believe SOG for either $249-$349 back then. It would interesting to see what a 44 would bring. Like you are saying I believe alot would depend on an individual collector and how much they would desire it. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts