Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i asked over at the collectors forum but i guess i could have asked here instead since it is built off a garand receiver. maybe somebody here will have more information. anyway, i cruised by a gunshop yesterday and they have a bm59. it is in great shape. receiver is marked:
PB-BM 59
P.Beretta
Gardone V.T.
Italia

it is 7.62x51 nato. it has the bipod, grenade launcher, 20 rnd mag. what is an appropriate value on such a rifle. i've never seen one before it is kinda calling to me to buy.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I was recently (2006) was offered one for $1200 and passed due to lack of funds but would have taken it if I had the cash. These are good rifles if you can manage the money. I reckon anything in the $1000 or under range is an excellent deal on these.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are asking $1900 for the rifle. it is on consignment at a gunshop so i doubt there is much room to bargain with the price

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
That is on the high end of its value, in my opinion. If you want it try to make a move on it. Otherwise there is nothing this rifle cannot do that an M14 type rifle cannot and perhaps an M14 can do a few more things to boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts