Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the nagant experts here would chime in. I have a 1942 hybrid gun, all original but it did go through refurb. Given the gun has quite a story with the tula plant being shut down and the gun finished at ish got me thinking that the gun might be worth allot. I know the 1903's are more rare but not by much. one of 15000 and a story. what do you think guys. here is a pic that i have posted before. i pulled the original grips and put them in a safe place as i shoot this gun and didn't want to dirty up the wood.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
By production numbers 1903s are the rarest of the standard service revolvers made by the Imperials (production just over 6,000) and 1934s the rarest of the Soviet prewar revolvers (production prbably less than 500). However, the older the revolvers, the more likely that they have been lost, broken, etc. 1898 production was probably on the order of 25,000 and are extremely rare - there just aren't many out there. 1942s are not that common, but there are many years that are harder to find. If the revolver hadn't been refurbed and given import marks, it would be worth more, but no where near the same as the really rare revolvers.
Joe

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks joe, my buddy that gave me this one just got lucky, he ordered 2 i think they both came from aim, one was a 1938 with very nice finish, and the other was the 1942 which has some surface imperfections that they didn't bother to remove due to the time of war

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.