Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Right now I'd say not much over $100 based on availability of these the past year or so. I'd like them to be worth more, but now that anyone who was paying any attention has a half-dozen or so, I think it could take a loooooong time before they're worth much more than that.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
200.00 retail

·
Silver Bullet member
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm... so maybe if I can pick the nicer one out of the two, 150 bucks is not too crazy?

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
no problem.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Go for it. I bought one on the net that cost me $175 shipped. I was willing to pay more for one without a big ugly importers billboard on the receiver. A week later a local shop got another shipment of M44s in and the manager set aside a 43 he found in the bunch for me. That one cost $110.00 so I figure their starting to average out a bit.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
A good number showed up in the recent imports and the importer and one distributor pulled them out and then sold them cheap to Gunboards members. It was a great deal and I picked up a couple more myself just to "get my average down". IMO it didn't reflect the true value of them, but it's hard to complain.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
I agree. They were a super deal for our members.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I see them avg. $129.-149. in exc. cond.
Just depends where youre at! I however much prefer a 91/59 for about the same, if you can find one!:D

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,507 Posts
7 of them at $79.95 - $89.95 from Big 5 in the last few years. What they are worth is what the collector will pay. I would do $150 - $200 depending on the example. :rolleyes: I do have a few that I would have paid much more for.

Gary

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
When you describe something as "rare" but list four at one time you can't expect much more than that.
I know it! What a terrible marketing job. And post pictures including close-ups of the actual rifle, not a 'representative example' Sheesh!

There was one that sold on GB a while back at $200

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I paid $100.00 for my last one at a gunshow. It was from a dealer who knew the 43's were more uncommon.

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,619 Posts
50,000 made right? However, I have been tracking these for years now, and I can document 76,453 of them being sold thorugh the usual retail outlets such as Big 5 and Dunhams. It's enough to make you wonder. If they were put into action right away, what would the attrition rate be on these, maybe a quarter of them were destroyed? I jsut see so many of them around I wonder if someone isn't still making them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts