Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
2,415 Posts
Not defending the guy's buisness practices, which are "odd", but he did not renumber that rifle. It was renumbered before he bought it and it was told to him that it was a renumber when he bought it. So while still not truthful, he isn't the source of fakes. This will not sooth the ruffled feathers here but make sure you have actual facts before condemning someone.

· Silver Bullet member
2,415 Posts
Yeah, like I said his buisness practices are "odd", and very inconsistent. He is no friend of mine and I have never bought a thing from him. A friend of mine did, he bought a Brit sniper scope and mount off of him and while he dicked about on his price, it was still a good clear scope with original mount and still underpriced. All I stated is that he did not renumber it, which you did try to state as "fact" when it really isn't. I am not sure why anyone takes any dealers word for anything, if you are willing to sling the dough around you had best know about what you intend to buy. It is also worth noting that it now makes one renumbered 99 sniper and a renumbered paratroop type 2 that have popped up here locally, 2 different dealers. So there very well may be some one renumbering locally or it could be coincedence,but regardless, buyer beware and don't take anything for granted

· Silver Bullet member
2,415 Posts
what helps me on his stuff is that the condition is pretty lacking and seems to get worse with the passage of time. I didn't notice that he sold it, matter of fact I can't say the last time I really patrolled the allentown show in any detail, my $$ is usually spent before I get there and it is just a pickup point. I don't know what he sold it for I just know what it was offered to me for before he bought. I mentioned several months ago that he did offer to sell the "Matched" rifle and scope separately, I thought that rather odd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.